MENU

Friday, March 10, 2017

Mom Style Staples

I never thought of my wardrobe, as my mom uniform ... but that is exactly what it is. I have the SAME things in my closet, different colors, different cuts - but it all is the same.

- Boots
- Leggings
- Flowy tops to hide the mom pooch
- Skinny Jeans / Jeggings
- Ballet Flats
- T-Shirts ... a LOT of t-shirts

I try to follow trends when they are not too crazy ... I never quite got into the silk MC Hammer pants or point toed boots ... but I LOVE me some jeggings ... I hope that trend stays for a LONG LONG time!!

I recently purchased a SECOND pair of Frye boots ... in two colors ... because they are THAT amazing!!! They have been discontinued, so they are hard to find - but that means they are almost ALWAYS on sale when I do find them!!!



The Frye Jane Boot - found here or here (for those who need a little more calf room). 65% off!!! Seriously?? On FRYES!!! Strike while the iron is hot!!

These boots have been my GO TO boot for years!!! I LOVED them when I was pregnant. It gave me a little more of a put-together look, rather than flats would have. It looked like I put in more effort than I really had.

Same goes for now ... when I run to Costco or Target on the weekends, adding these boots to leggings and a flowy top, takes me from frumpy to classy, all in a pair of boots!!

For t-shirts, you cannot go wrong with your standard white v-neck. It is just a classic staple that goes with everything, jeans, leggings, even a pencil skirt for the relaxed, business casual look.

Main Image - Madewell 'Whisper' Cotton V-Neck Pocket Tee
LOVE this tee in EVERY color. Being UNDER $20, it's a great option for any wardrobe. You can find it here and here if you want it in color and on SALE!!!

Finally - JEANS ... my favorite jean style is a long leg with a wide flare. I am on the shorter side, and something about this leg elongates me ... I am pretty sure you if you were to look back into my high school days, you would see me in these jeans as well!!



I LOVE these jeans (wash on cold with a little vinegar and the fading will be minimal), you can find them here or here (if you don't mind a bargain!!!)


I'm willing to spend a little more on my jeans - just because I wear them CONSTANTLY!! To me, its worth it. If I wear them all the time, and LOVE they way I look in them, I am willing to spend a little more. What about you? Are you willing to spend a little more on jeans, if you love the way you look in them and will wear them all the time?


What are your go-to items to pull your outfits together? A statement necklace or earrings? Where do you find them, I would LOVE some new resources!